Gifted Gift Giving for the Younger Set

Monday, September 28, 2009

Magic Rabbit


I know it's hard to believe, but Halloween is on its way. And one of the fun things parents get to do (before the kids are old enough to have set opinions about alter egos) is choosing a costume for the little kid.

By "little," I mean between the ages of 2-4 and too young to protest. That's how, for instance, I got away with dressing my two-year-old as a skunk one year. And that's how you can dress your unsuspecting child as a rabbit-in-a-hat. Really. As you can see from the photo, this costume is a complete bunny with a "hat" hoop skirt completing the ensemble for easy walking. It's completely hilarious. If you can talk an older child into accompanying them dressed in the magician outfit, so much the better. Your kid will get a hefty candy haul, guaranteeing you weeks of pilfered "fun-sized" Snickers. Excellent.

Such an ingenious costume doesn't come cheap: about $98. But oh my, the memories. Check it out at www.chasing-fireflies.com. And if the pop-up bunny doesn't seem magical enough, this site has the best costume selection I've seen in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment