Gifted Gift Giving for the Younger Set

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Summer Romper Room


There are certain fashion items that only look good on kids, but are dragged out to be sold to adults anyway (case in point: my Lilly Pulitzer entry). The romper certainly fits that category. Recently, I was in a store and the saleswoman held up a romper for my inspection. I had to inform that I was too old to wear that; that I was too old to wear a romper at 20.

Now, a romper on a little girl is a completely different matter. Take this romper, from Chasing Fireflies. Done in basic black, its off the shoulder design (with smart straps to keep the thing on) transforms the romper from a preschool item to elegance. Really, this romper looks like Halston for little girls. It's adorable. And it's practical, too. My girl doesn't like skirts or dresses anymore (she has a tendency to end up upside down), so the shorts aspect of romper really work for her. Once she's upright again, she'll look femme and ready for dinner.

I've only seen this fashionista item at www.chasing-fireflies.com. It's $48, which might seem steep, until you realize that it's a complete outfit she can do anything in. All she needs now are some gladiator sandals and she's ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment