Gifted Gift Giving for the Younger Set

Monday, July 20, 2009

New Little Peacock


I've never been totally sure how I feel about baby slings. My tiny premie infant couldn't deal; she ended up in some desperate little ball at the bottom of it, requiring a crowbar for extraction. However, I've known women who swear by them. So what do I know?

I do know that this particular baby sling is, by far, the prettiest I've ever seen. Called the Peacock, the sling features that ethnic embroidery so popular with today's hip new moms. It works pretty much the same as every other sling on the market, balancing the bundle of joy's weight across Mommy's shoulders, hopefully leaving her hands free to handle kitchen knives or juggle oranges, or, god forbid, read a novel whilst baby slumbers. It would make a lovely baby shower gift, and it's decorative enough that a few gallons of spit-up might not blunt its aesthetic value.

Locate the Peacock Baby Sling at www.lilyandserena.com. This site has beautiful linens as well, but I would save those for later in the kid's life, when the spewing has died down.


No comments:

Post a Comment